How to Fix: Leak Between Tank & Bowl
Is your toilet leaking from between the tank and the bowl onto the floor?
- If your tank wobbles or your tank bolts are loose, your tank to bowl gasket needs to be compressed more.
- Apply downward pressure to keep the tank level as you tighten the nuts in an alternating fashion until the tank is stable.
- Do not over tighten the nuts; doing so may cause the porcelain to crack.
- Replace the worn gasket with a new Korky tank to bowl gasket.
- If there is still a leak between the tank and bowl, your gasket is either worn or not compatible with your toilet.
To find the correct replacement part for your toilet, use Toilet Toolbox® or call us at 1-800-528-3553.
Mon-Fri 7:30am - 5pm cst