How to Fix: Running Toilet
Do you have a constant or intermittently running toilet?
- Test if your flapper is leaking by marking the water level of your tank with a pencil.
- Turn your water supply off. Wait for a minimum of 25 minutes.
- If your water level drops below the pencil mark, you have a leak in your tank.
- Leave the water off for a couple hours and see where the water level drops to. If the water level drops to the flapper, your flapper is leaking and needs to be replaced.
- If it drops to a point on your overflow tube or your tank drain completely, your flush valve needs to be replaced.
- If your tank is not leaking and your toilet is constantly running or water is rising into flush valve overflow tube your fill valve is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced or serviced if Korky.
To find the correct replacement part for your toilet use Toilet Toolbox® or call us at 1-800-528-3553.
Mon-Fri 7:30am - 5pm cst