How to Fix: Slow Filling Toilet
Does your toilet tank fill slowly or not at all after flushing?
- Ensure your water supply shut off valve is turned completely open.
- If you have a flexible supply line, ensure that the line is free of kinks.
- If your water supply is open and your supply line is free of kinks there may be a restriction in your water supply.
- Disconnect the supply line from the toilet fill valve and place the end into a bucket.
- Slowly turn the water supply line on.
- If there is still little to no water flow, there is likely a restriction in the water supply line or a problem with the incoming water supply. Consult a plumber.
- If the water flow into the bucket is strong there is a problem with your fill valve and it needs to be replaced or serviced.
To find the correct replacement part for your toilet use Toilet Toolbox® or call us at 1-800-528-3553.
Mon-Fri 7:30am - 5pm cst